Surry Treatment Options

Dear Readers:

This week’s letter is a continuation of the last few weeks letters all addressing the question “What Is Treatment?  The earlier letters gave information about what kinds of programs are considered a part of treatment for Substance Use Disorders as well as what kind of professionals you could find at these facilities and good questions to ask if you are researching facilities for yourself or a loved one.

All of my letters on this topic contain a general overview.  This week I would like to focus on what is available in Surry County for those who would like to stay in the area and receive treatment and support. If you or someone you love might be ready for or thinking about treatment and recovery I suggest calling around to these places and asking the right questions (refer to my previous letter on “what are some good questions to ask” so you have some idea of a plan ahead of time.)  Most people make these decisions out of urgency and desperation when knowing your options ahead of time can help you with educated and sometimes better decisions.  At this time these are your options in Surry County:

- RHA Health Services:  These services will be fully available after the first of the year.  It is a good time to call and ask for the near future here.  They plan to be fully operational in Elkin by the end of January.  Phone: 800-848-0180

- Triad Therapy Mental Health: Dr. Quincey Smiling is the contact person here.  This new facility is in Mount Airy and offers a Substance Abuse Comprehensive Outpatient Treatment program (SACOT) as well as a Medically Assisted Treatment (MAT) program.  Phone: 336-648-8585

- Beth El Wellness & Chiropractic : Offers nonpharmacological alternative medicine options to address pain.  Phone: 336-258-8889

- Daymark Recovery Services: Director Emily McPeak offers Substance Abuse Intensive Outpatient programs (SAIOP) and Medically Assisted Treatment (MAT). Phone: 336-242-2450

- Pinnacle Therapeutic Services:  Director Ken Simmons offers SAIOP and SACOT (Substance Abuse Comprehensive Outpatient Treatment) programs. Phone: 336-874-2475

- Choose Life :  John Pulliam LPC, LCAS in Dobson provides individual counseling services for Substance Use Disorder (SUD) and mental health.  Phone: 336-926-2293

- Hope Valley, Inc:  This Dobson facility is the only current inpatient residential treatment facility in Surry County.  Their inpatient services include assessment, family program, case management, individual and group counseling, individualized treatment plans, and relapse prevention skills and planning.  There are outpatient programs offered on select evenings.  Phone: 336-386-9511 (ask for Angela Morrow).


As you can see there is choice in Surry County.  As you research and talk to these facilities you will get a better understanding of your own situation, or your loved one’s, and will get a feeling of what kind of treatment would work best in your situation.  I would encourage you to check out all of these options if you have the time and are being proactive both by getting some education over the phone as well as visiting the facilities.  They are all in Surry County so easily accessible by almost everyone.  From my own experience I know that “gut feelings” can play a big part in these choices and being able to actually physically check out a location and meeting face to face with people who often help make the life and death choices with you or your loved ones is very helpful in these emotional and trying times.

Please keep referring to our website ( for updates and additions.  For non treatment support services like NA, AA, Alanon, PAL, etc. also check out our website.



Denise Krochta

© 2023 by Surry County Opioid Response. Created with